SuccessFactors Help Guide for Macmahon Website
Do you need help with SuccessFactors? Below are topics that cover some issues that people may experience when using SuccessFactors. This page is a useful resource when the IT Helpdesk is unavailable.
Alternatively, you can call the IT Helpdesk on 1800 451 246 (within Australia) or on +61 89232 1246 (if calling from overseas) on Monday – Friday between 6:30am – 5:00pm (Western Australian Standard Time).
Click here to access the Macmahon SuccessFactors login page
Trouble with your username?
If this is your first time logging on to SuccessFactors, you should have received an email with the subject Action Required: Macmahon Log In. This email will have your username. Your username should be a series of numbers.
Trouble with your password?
If you are using SuccessFactors for the first time and are unsure of your SuccessFactors password, refer to the Macmahon Log In email you previously received. There should be a link that tells you how to set up your password.
If you have logged into SuccessFactors recently but have now forgotten your password, you can simply click on the “Forgot Password” link on the SuccessFactors login page. This is the question mark symbol next to the password field. Doing this will automatically send an email with reset instructions to your personal email that is linked to your SuccessFactors profile. When you receive the email, follow the instructions to set up a new password. Following these steps will help you successfully reset your password whenever you forget it.
Below are some Macmahon password guidelines to assist you:
- Whilst a combination of upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters may make your password more secure; any password of a longer length that is memorable is a better password as it is harder to crack.
- Never share your password with anyone. Your password is your digital identity at Macmahon. Protect your Macmahon identity the same as you would your personal credit card PIN or car keys.
- It is recommended that your Macmahon SuccessFactors password is unique to Macmahon. Do not use the same password that you use for other personal applications like your email or internet banking.
You have reset your password but still receiving an error message?
If you have reset your password and are still receiving an error message, here are some other troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the error message.
Clearing your Browser Cache (Google Chrome)
- In Google Chrome, click the ellipsis (three dots) in the top right-hand corner of your browser and select settings from the drop-down menu
- In the search bar, search for “cache”
- Click on clear browsing data
- For the time range, select all time from the drop-down menu
- Tick the boxes that say cookies and other site data and cached images and files
- Click clear data
Your Google Chrome cache has now been cleared.
Clearing your Browser Cache (Internet Explorer)
If you are using the Internet Explorer browser, below is how to clear your browser cache:
- In Internet Explorer, click the settings button located at the upper right corner of the browser (cog icon) and select internet options from the menu
- The general tab will automatically be selected, click delete… in the browsing history area
- In the popup, tick only temporary internet files and cookies and website data and click delete
- Click reset
Your Internet Explorer cache has now been cleared.
Your screen appears to be hung, is not responding or not displaying correctly
If this happens, try the following suggested solutions:
- Try opening the link in a different browser (for example, if you are using Microsoft Edge, try Google Chrome)
- Use a modern internet browser. SuccessFactors works better with modern browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (not Microsoft Internet Explorer)
- Try connecting on a different device. If you are using your phone, try using a laptop or tablet
You are receiving an error message that says “Validation Error”
If you receive an error message that says Validation Error, you will need to clear the cache on your browser as outlined under “Clearing your Browser Cache” above depending on your browser type.