Safety and Health Policy
At Macmahon, our safety and health is an integral part of our everyday activities. Our priority is ensuring that the safety and health of our employees, contractors, visitors and stakeholders is a priority in our efforts to achieve an injury free work environment.
To achieve this we are committed to:
- The prevention and elimination of work related injury and illness.
- The provision of a safe and healthy working environment for our people, subcontractors and visitors together with the wider community and members of the public on which our activities may impact.
- The establishment, implementation and maintenance of our Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems in accordance with AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001.
- Continual improvement.
To achieve this we will:
- Establish measurable safety and health objectives and targets to meet these intentions and regularly review our progress, ensuring that this policy remains relevant to our business and stakeholders.
- Identify, evaluate and manage all risks that flow from the work we do.
- Aim to comply with relevant Occupational Safety and Health legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Maintain a workplace culture that fosters behaviour amongst our people that we are all responsible for our own safety and health and that of our fellow workers.
- Promote fitness for work.
- Provide induction and training for our people.
To ensure effective communication of our safety and health policy, Macmahon will consult with our people at all levels regarding safety and health issues and engage them in initiating improvement.