Equal Employment and Diversity Policy
Macmahon will provide an employment climate and culture in which every employee has the opportunity to apply and develop their abilities so as to achieve their potential. We aim to recruit a diverse range of people with a diverse range of talents to help us achieve our goals. Macmahon believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. Macmahon has zero tolerance toward discrimination and breaches of this policy may lead to termination of employment if appropriate.
To achieve this Macmahon will take all reasonably practicable steps to:
- Employ the best person for the job regardless of gender, race, nationality, religious or political conviction, disability, family circumstances or status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or age.Select on the principles of merit and fairness in all employment practices. This means people are selected because they are the best person for the job.
- Appraise, train, develop and promote all employees on the basis of demonstrated performance, ability and potential.
- Reward excellence, promote the principles of equal employment and diversity and take into account individual employee aspirations at all times.
- Ensure that all reports of workplace discrimination are treated seriously, promptly and fairly with due regard to the principles of procedural fairness, natural justice and confidentiality.
- Ensure that appropriate action be taken against individuals engaging in discriminatory conduct.
- Make confidential counselling and support available to all employees to assist with any workplace issues that may arise through a system of internal Equal Employment Opportunity Contact Officers and external professional via the Employee Assistance Program.
All Macmahon employees are responsible for upholding and eliminating any practice and behaviour which is discriminatory or which could lead to discrimination in the workplace.