To work effectively in a diverse range of environments and social settings, Macmahon recognises the importance of integral environmental management into how we do business.
Our environmental policy objective is to minimise the adverse impact on the environment as a result of our business activities.
To achieve this objective we will:
- Establish and maintain an environmental management system in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 14001.
- Comply with contract conditions, relevant legislation and other criteria to which the company subscribes.
- Regularly review business operations, identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Educate our workforce on key environmental issues, management controls and associated responsibilities.
- Establish defined environmental objectives and targets to measure our performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strive to prevent pollution, reduce waste and commit to recovery and recycling where feasible.